Thank you for all your support
Free ultrafast fibre broadband upgrade
We have achieved our target of £360,000 by raising £396,000. The data entry page will remain live until tomorrow morning (17/12/21) when it will be closed down. The data collected will be sent to OpenReach for further action. If you recieve a confirmatory email from OpenReach requesting confirmation that you are willing to use your voucher please respond to it immediately. Remember we only have until the 14 Jan 2022 to make this happen!
You may be aware of the Government’s plans to expand the UK’s fibre network and Crondall & Ewshot have been earmarked to benefit from this free upgrade. Each household is entitled to receive a free £1,500 voucher to cover the costs of the fibre installation.
This is a 2 step process and we do not have much time if this fibre upgrade is to be achieved as the government have now implemented a deadline of the 14 Jan 2022 for these steps to be completed. The first step, which is gathering the key data required by
Openreach, has to be completed by the 17 Dec 2021.
- You do not have to pay anything for this to happen. However, you do have to agree to use your property’s voucher (one voucher of £1,500 is awarded to each residential dwelling and £3,500 for each business).
- You do not have to use the line if you do not need increased speed and stability that the fibre cable will bring, but it will add value to your property.
- We need 240 properties (of the 377 identified by Openreach) to agree, to make the vouchers available for this project to be viable.
All you have to do is:
- Register your interest (this is now closed).
- Once registered you will receive an email from Openreach (or the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport) in a week or so. Please action it immediately.
Any questions or issues please contact your parish representative below:
Note: Ewshot Parish Council are leading this exercise on behalf of Crondall & Ewshot